Strategic Sourcing Specialist
CoolIT Systems, Inc. is looking for a high performing Strategic Sourcing Specialist with 5 to 10 years experience to join our Calgary team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for material cost savings utilizing total cost of ownership analysis.
It is imperative that the successful applicant for this position has experience working within an Engineering, proto-type build, New Product Introduction (NPI) and Manufacturing environment. Successful applicants should also have an aptitude in understanding technical drawings and specifications as well as various fabrication and manufacturing processes such as machining, brazing, passivation, leak testing etc. Experience working with offshore suppliers is an important element of this role, and experience with offshore contract manufacturing is an asset. Leading supplier negotiations, contract creation, supplier development and qualifications are among the key deliverables of this position.
Required Education: Post Secondary in Engineering preferred, Business or Supply Chain Management an asset.
Required experience: 5 to 10 years preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or equivalent.
PLM / ERP Experience: NetSuite preferred.
Reports to: Director, Supply Chain.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Job Location: Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: 20%
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Participation in the Benefits program including; Health & Dental, Flex Spending Account, Flex time, all other corporate benefit programs that are or become available.
- Company Stock Options
- Strategic sourcing of material through thorough research, data analysis and working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a clear sourcing strategy that reflects the needs of the business and is aligned to procurement policy objectives and regulatory framework imperatives in all sourcing projects
- Leads supplier negotiations and creates and renews supply agreements, i.e. Master Supply Agreements, and Stocking Agreements that provides cost savings, provides sustainable deliveries, and provides uncompromising quality.
- Apply the process of analyzing the total cost of ownership for selected procured items or parts of the procurement portfolio including identifying internal and external cost drivers.
- Implement initiatives for the reduction of costs.
- Recommend strategic supplier partnerships to reduce the direct and indirect costs for selected procured items or parts of the procurement portfolio.
- Supply Chain subject matter expert in New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Reviews and assembles Request For Quote (RFQ) Packages including RFQ template, technical drawings, product specifications, scope of work documents.
- Active participant in the Supplier Management Process including maintaining supplier scorecards; measuring the cost of poor performance; developing cost recovery practices; integrating operations with those of suppliers to better share risk and data; assisting Quality Department in the planning of Supplier Audits.
- Manage the disposal or recycling process of any intellectual property that is no longer needed once the current contract expires
- Drives continuous improvement and innovation within the supply chain.
- Creates a plan to mitigate risks and ensure uninterrupted flow of material to production.
- Assists the Director of Supply Chain in the creation, revision and maintenance of Supply Chain procedures and work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to interpret and understand part drawings and specifications.
- Understands fabrication and manufacturing process such as machining, brazing, passivation, leak testing etc.
- Apply strategies for supplier integration for procurement portfolio
- Implement alternative corrective actions in case of supplier non-performance
- Collaborate across business units and functions. Build positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to remain current with new technology, new business models and implications for their business as well as the selection and sourcing process (category management, contract management, cost reduction)
- Ensure that all pre-procurement engagement has been completed
- Experience with NetSuite Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) and Bill Of Material (BOM) tools (i.e. Arena) would be an asset.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.