Senior Web Developer
CoolIT Systems, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Web Developer who is looking to enhance their technical knowledge. This role will require someone who is competent with full-stack web development but seeks the challenge of learning and expanding their knowledge in the understanding of firmware development and related technologies. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of technical learning.
Job Type: Full-time.
Job Location: Calgary, AB.
Required education: BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
Required experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience with Web Applications, Relational Databases, Linux
Reports to: VP Shared Services.
Travel Requirements: Rare.
• Develop reliable, maintainable and intuitive web applications for both in-house and commercial use
• Work with and add to our software development methodology and practices.
• Collaborate with other developers, project managers, and our engineering and manufacturing departments
• Ensure software deliverables align with the technical architecture, development standards and quality practices.
• Assist in building integrated unit tests for all code modules.
• Self-Motived to learn new technologies when required.
• Participate in peer review activities.
• Familiar with Agile Development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban.
• Experience with schema design and working with relational databases such as MySQL
• Accomplished at building software from the ground up for high reliability: Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration
• Familiar with Jenkins, Docker, Linux, Git, and basic system administration concepts
• Commercial software development experience is an asset.
NICE TO HAVE OR WILLING TO LEARN
• Exposure to technologies such as Grafana, Prometheus, Control Systems
• Firmware Development – C, C++
• Modbus, SNMP, Ansible
• IoT experience, Raspberry Pi
COMPANY BENEFITS (Full Time Permanent Employees)
• 3 Weeks’ Vacation.
• Six Flex Days per Year.
• Paid time off at Christmas.
• Full Medical and Dental Coverage, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Program.
• Health or Lifestyle Spending Account.
• Company Stock Options.
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidate? Please apply with your resume and accompanying cover letter via email to HR@coolitsystems.com.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.