Senior Human Resources Generalist
CoolIT Systems, Inc. is looking for a skilled and knowledgeable Senior Human Resources Generalist with outstanding people skills to guide CoolIT’s recruitment strategies, human resources policies/handbooks creation, onboarding/offboarding, compensation/position classification, performance management, and management coaching. This position will also be heavily involved with the OHS and Joint Health and Safety Committee.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Payroll and Benefits Administrator to ensure that all aspects of Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits are addressed. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional with a passion for employee development and Health and Safety.
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management (preferred), or CHRL designation (minimum).
Required experience: 6 years minimum in Human Resources generalist role.
HRIS/LMS experience: HRIS and LMS experience/understanding is required.
Reports to: VP Finance.
Job Type: Full-time permanent.
Job Location: Calgary, AB. Opportunity to work from home a percentage of work time—dependent on current activities.
Travel Requirements: none.
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- Participation in the Benefits program including; Health & Dental, Flex Spending Account, all other corporate benefit programs that are or become available.
- Company Stock Options
To perform the Senior Human Resources Generalist job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to lead as the company Senior Human Resources Generalist.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Further improvement of CoolIT’s recruitment strategies. Leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a high quality workforce.
- Reviews the company wage and salary structure to ensure company attractiveness within the economic region and industry type.
- Leads participation in at least one salary survey per year.
- Interviews management- and executive-level candidates.
- Further enhancement and direction of the new employee onboarding process.
Training, Development, and Performance
- Work with the CoolIT Management team to identify training and training development needs for all employees in the organization.
- Where practical lead or facilitate in-house training.
- Manage and track employee training and learning paths through CoolIT’s learning management system.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Leads the continued progression of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company regarding employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors any performance improvement processes in place.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
Health & Safety
- Takes a leadership role and plays an active role in the implementation and management of company health and safety programs.
- Serves on the OH&S Committee.
- Feel confident to lead CoolIT’s Covid-19 response.
- Supervision and added guidance of the Access Control Screener.
- Continued development of and maintenance of the HRIS as new modules are released.
- Development of understanding how the HRIS, Payroll, and Time & Attendance platforms tie together.
- In conjunction with the Payroll and Benefits Administrator ensure company compliance with all existing governmental and labour legal requirements.
- Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture to support the company goals and promote employee satisfaction.
- Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and items that are not being addressed adequately.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- In-depth knowledge of employment standards in Canada, and legislative requirements. A willingness to learn the same in other countries and unions internationally.
- Computer literacy: fully experienced in all standard MS products. Ability to work within various HR, Payroll, and LMS systems.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.