Project Manager, NPI Mechanical Engineering
Looking for a Project Manager, NPI Mechanical Engineering at CoolIT to join our Calgary team. The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of new product introductions for a variety of Tier 1 Data Center clients. This position is also responsible for controlling the scope of work and project resources to successfully achieve the cost, schedule and quality goals detailed by the product requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a basic background in electromechanical engineering/design, have a strong and fast-paced work ethic, demonstrate a highly organized project management skill-set, and be an energetic problem solver. If you have a work-hard play-hard mentality, and like to have fun while you’re doing it, then you may be a fit for CoolIT.
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Required experience: 2+ years of NPI Mechanical Engineering Project Management experience
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Location: Calgary, AB
- Travel Requirements: None
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Six Flex Days per Year
- Paid time off at Christmas
- Full Medical and Dental Coverage, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Program
- Health or Lifestyle Spending Account
- Company Stock Options
- Plan, Execute, Monitor and Control up to 10 unique projects at any given time
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Represent CoolIT in an effective and responsible manner during all client interactions
- Manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, vendors, and other departments
- Provide guidance to other members of the Business Development Team and help shape the elements of the Project Management Office
- Learn about and retain key technical information regarding Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC) and other aspects of our product line
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced technology company
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in Project Management
- A clear understanding of the Product Development Process
- Understanding of engineering design processes
- Direct Mechanical or Electromechanical product design experience will be considered an asset
- Direct NPI (New Product Introduction) Project Management experience will be considered an asset
- Manufacturing experience will be considered an asset
- Understanding of server and data center industry will be considered an asset
- PMP certification will be considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize workloads and utilize planning & time management skills to adhere to deadlines
- Possess strong team leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude with ability for innovative thinking
- Knowledge of various tools: ERP, PLM, QMS, MS Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid driving license
- Valid passport and ability to travel globally
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education. Please email both your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.