Project Engineer, Solution Architecture & Services – Data Center Solutions
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Project Engineer at CoolIT’s head office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a member of the Solution Architecture & Services (SA&S) team, you will be accountable for the end-to-end activities required to deliver a successful data center deployment with global tier I customers.
As part of the broader Program Management group, your role will be to work closely with customers to ensure a seamless execution of site deployment.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Job Location: Calgary, AB.
Required education: B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering.
Required experience: Minimum of 5+ years background in Mechanical Engineering field.
Reports to: Program Manager, SA&S, Data Center Solutions.
Travel Requirements: up to 50%–must hold a valid passport as travel will be international.
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation.
- Participation in the Benefits program including; Health & Dental, Flex Spending Account, Flex time, all other corporate benefit programs that are or become available.
- Accountable for all aspects of commercial and technical requirements for CoolIT’s liquid cooling technology deployments and managing schedules for each designated project.
- Establish standardization of software, processes, tools, document templates, and contracts to assist in running each project from initial engagement at the opportunity qualification stage to the final deployment stage.
- Work closely with the other members of the Solution Architecture & Services team, namely, to develop productized services offerings and engage with Service Technicians on-site at the initial site survey and deployment stages of the project.
- Collaborate with server OEM sales representatives and solution architects to design and deploy industry leading liquid-cooled High-Performance Compute systems, often listed on the Top 500 list of world’s most powerful supercomputers.
- Introduce CoolIT’s technology on joint sales calls with CoolIT’s server OEM partners and their High-Performance Compute customers, identifying the products and services required to achieve a successful outcome.
- Perform engineering pre-fabrication builds for our liquid cooling fluid networks alongside Service Technicians.
- Design, validate, and provide a solution for liquid cooling deployments worldwide in a variety of End User data centers, utilizing various thermal and flow engineering software tools.
- Oversee the creation of detailed project schedules, negotiate contracts, engage on product pricing decisions, and create tools which contribute to resource planning, as well as authorized service provider (ASP) engagement & training platforms.
- Manage customers, market risks and issues responding with the appropriate level of planning and action to ensure all product commitments are met for each project.
- Measure and report project status using appropriate tools, techniques, and metrics.
- Report and escalate to management potential issues and risks as needed.
- Hold regular meetings to ensure cross-functional team members communicate effectively and ensure that all Product risks are identified in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with strong account management and project management skills.
- 5+ years experience in solution design and deployment.
- 1-year minimum experience in a project management role.
- Field engineering experience seen as an asset.
- Data center experience considered a strong asset.
- Experience in deploying products in partnership with customers, end-users and other stakeholders seen as an asset.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, above average communication skills, and a high level of customer service.
- Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition and drives for completion of tasks/projects.
- Solid organizational skills including time management, attention to detail, and multitasking.
- Motivated, creative, collaborative, and results oriented.
- Overflowing with exuberance, energy, and enthusiasm.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We kindly advise that we will not be recruiting or taking calls/emails from Talent, Recruitment, Staffing, Placement firms.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.