Process Engineer, Manufacturing
CoolIT Systems is looking for an experienced Process Engineer, Manufacturing to join our Calgary Manufacturing team. This role will be responsible for manufacturing process design, operation, and implementation. The successful candidate will be able to create and improve manufacturing processes in order to meet production targets, maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Location: Calgary, AB
- Required education: Bachelor of Science Engineering
- Required experience: Minimum of 3 years of process engineering in a manufacturing setting
- Reports to: Director, Manufacturing
- Travel Requirements: Rare
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Six Flex Days per Year
- Paid time off at Christmas
- Full Medical and Dental Coverage, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Program
- Health or Lifestyle Spending Account
- Company Stock Options
- Develop process documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Developing, configuring and optimizing processes from inception through to product shipment.
- Set-up of production lines with a view to maximizing efficiencies.
- Development of fixtures and process automation to improve efficiencies and reduce production times.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Perform process simulations.
- Risk assessments of the equipment, safety of staff and within manufacturing facility, processes, failure points, and environment.
- Monitoring of equipment – including regular testing and ensuring maintenance tasks are carried out.
- Completion of documentation to show and ensure compliance with both internal and external regulations and protocols.
- Assisting Production Technicians in troubleshooting in the event of a problem.
- Assessing processes, taking measurements and interpreting data—participating regularly in Kaizen/continuous improvement activities.
- Presentation of data and reports to senior colleagues and management.
- Continual evaluation of equipment and processes to ensure both efficiency and quality remain high.
- Proven work experience in process engineering.
- Working knowledge of IPC-A-610, ISO 9001, Six Sigma standards.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles including 5S, Build-In Quality, DFX, Heijunka, Jidoka, JIT, Kaizen, Kanban, Poka-Yoke, etc.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- .Proficiency with MS Office software package.
- CAD or AutoCad skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics and plumbing standards is an asset.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Critical/logical thinking – able to locate problems, and then think of those problems from a variety of perspectives to assess the best solution.
- Spatial reasoning – the ability to see a two or three-dimensional object and then mentally manipulate it.
- Excellent communication skills – working with people across the manufacturing process, and with the engineering team, must be able to manage people well, and communicate new ideas effectively.
- Calm under pressure – must be able to troubleshoot at an advanced level. If a problem is delaying manufacturing, effective working solutions must be created quickly.
- Business awareness – usually working within strict time and budgetary constraints.
- Analytical skills – responsible for analysis and interpretation of data into charts, diagrams, and reports.
- Negotiation skills – vital if charged with budgetary or schedule management.
- Must have permanent Canadian residency.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.