Mechanical Engineer, Advanced Technology
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Mechanical Engineer at CoolIT’s head office in Calgary, Alberta. As a member of the Advanced Technology team, you will design CoolIT’s next generation cooling technology products. As part of the broader Business Development and Product Management group, your role will be to enable CoolIT’s continued commercial success in both established markets and new market opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Calgary, AB (Remote Work Possible)
Required education: B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
Required experience: 2+ years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- own the prototype product development process from requirements document to testing including 3D CAD, 2D drawings, thermal simulation and CFD analysis;
- create new novel products and optimize existing designs;
- research industry trends in material science and manufacturing techniques and provide recommendations on proof of concept projects that will strengthen CoolIT’s position as the market leader in advanced cooling technologies;
- participate in joint development activities with customers and partners;
- work with Product Engineers to design component and system level testing;
- document designs, test results and provide recommendations for next steps;
- work with new vendors to evaluate new technology;
- foster a culture of innovation;
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- previous experience in thermal design and analysis;
- knowledge of data center cooling strategies;
- knowledge of material science and structural design;
- proficient in CAD design using Solidworks;
- creative, out of the box thinker that thrives in uncertainty;
- ability to look at the entire system and find areas that can be improved;
- passionate about new technologies;
- a self-motivated individual with a thirst for knowledge that moves fast;
- enjoys and contributes to a collaborative culture where nothing is impossible;
- believes in being a good person, always.
Company Benefits (Full Time Permanent Employees):
- Participation in the Benefits program including; Health & Dental, Flex Spending Account, Flex time, all other corporate benefit programs that are or become available.
- 3 weeks vacation
- Six Flex Days per Year
- Paid time off at Christmas
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.