CoolIT Systems, Inc. is looking for a high performing Logistics Coordinator with 5 years experience to join our Calgary team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to work closely with our manufacturing, purchasing and product management teams in Calgary and all other CoolIT subsidiaries as required to ensure that incoming and outgoing shipments are accurately processed and tracked, compliant to transport regulations, delivered on time, properly recorded in the ERP system, shipping documents maintained and communication is provided to the necessary parties.
Required Education: Post secondary education in Business Operations, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management.
Required experience: 5 years logistics experience in a manufacturing environment.
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain.
Job Type: Full Time.
Job Location: Calgary, AB.
Travel Requirements: none.
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Participation in the Benefits program including; Health & Dental, Flex Spending Account, Flex time, all other corporate benefit programs that are or become available.
- Determine requirements to import/export product: identify certifying bodies; determine required inspection certificates, e.g. safety, security, labelling, licensing, language, translation, packaging.
- Determine if product needs to comply with non-preferential or preferential rules of origin: determine requirements of verification/proof of origin; review export regulations of target markets, e.g. protection laws, norms and certification; review specific import guidelines; meet requirements for certificate, if required; review requirements for documentary evidence.
- Interact with Customs officials and provide security trade program credentials if available, e.g. Partners in Protection, Free and Secure Trade Program, Authorized Economic Operator
- Provide required shipment documentation (bill of lading, import/export declaration, any required certifications or permits)
- Determine reverse logistics, management of the movement involved in the return of products or empty containers from downstream customers to upstream operations for either re-work or re-use in the production of new products. Planning the collection of such products needs to be synchronized with the distribution and transport processes. This includes disposal of products.
- Determine potential shipping options (loading and sharing container capacity, conventional, containerized):
- Calculate shipping preparation and export cost: identify and confirm Harmonized System Classification; determine cost of freight; determine cost of insurance, if applicable; determine export documentation costs (customs and brokerage); determine applicable Incoterms costs.
- Calculate duties and local taxes owing (value-added tax, cargo insurance).
- Identify documents required for product or services to cross border(s).
- Ensure documents are in compliance and aligned with international standards, including correct measurements in required measurement system.
- Ensure supplier provides inspection and quality certificates; and Certificate of Origin, if required.
- Ensure supplier provides the correct documents to financial institution for trade transaction to take place in accordance with agreed-upon Incoterms.
- Provide appropriate information to licensed custom broker, freight forwarder, if applicable.
- Keep up-to-date with changes to international trade processes and reporting requirements.
- Explain the Incoterms program and how the selection of an Incoterm will affect the import/export process and requirements.
- Understand the importance of correct packaging for each mode of transport and the specific commodities being shipped along with the international standards for packaging materials.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant international trade agreements and negotiations taking place, including the introduction and/or removal of both tariff and non-tariff barriers to trade.
- Perform contingency planning required to ensure that cargo is delivered on time.
- Provide visibility to all stakeholders for cargo during delivery for a specific segment of business.
- Implement process of collecting and processing Proof of Delivery documents for a specific segment of business.
- Keep up-to-date on status of labour contracts and negotiations at transportation hubs and carriers relevant to CoolIT’s supply chain.
- Understand how to apply technology tools (enterprise resource planning systems, Microsoft Excel, etc.) to increase category and business intelligence.
- Communicate potential risks and their mitigation strategies to stakeholders, ensuring they: are aware of their accountability for individual risks; contribute to continuous improvement of the risk management process; understand that risk awareness and management are a key part of the organization’s culture; report any signs of risk to senior management.
- Take a proactive approach to the identification of potential issues before they arise.
- Driving continuous improvement within your department.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Communication, and interpersonal skills to work in a high performance, team environment.
- Intermediate to Advance Level competency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both written and oral forms.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with passion and commitment.
- Motivated, self-managed and able to operate within a framework of objectives.
- Preferably, experience in the high-tech industry.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP System) would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We kindly advise that we will not be recruiting or taking calls/emails from Talent, Recruitment, Staffing, Placement firms.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.