Director of Product, Data Center Solutions
An exciting and challenging position exists as the Director of Product, Data Center Solutions at CoolIT’s head office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a member of the Business Operations team, you will drive value to customers through the oversight and management of a multi-disciplined account management team and will own the product strategy for the data center group.
Required background: B.Sc. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and extensive business development experience.
Required experience: 10+ years
Reports to: EVP, Business Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: 25%
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Participation in the Benefits program including; Health & Dental, Flex Spending Account, Flex time, all other corporate benefit programs that are or become available.
- Company Stock Options
Duties and Responsibilities:
- First and foremost, you will own the development of the business opportunity pipeline across all data center product segments;
- Drive a global growth strategy across all data center product segments;
- Responsible for the data center revenue target across all data center segments;
- Own all aspects of the data center customer experience from first engagement, through the development process, and including field services;
- Drive the data center product strategy and roadmap across all product segments working in collaborative with the Research & Development and Engineering teams;
- Analyze market trends for your segment and devise market-entry and customer support strategies that maximize short and long-term revenue;
- Provide operational direction and leadership to a cross-functional business development and product development team;
- Oversee engagements with customers and actively monitor project goals;
- Recruit, train, and mentor team members across multiple disciplines;
- Collaborate with other business unit leaders and operations managers on the establishing of improvement strategies for the sales and product development process including the identification and implementation of systems and tools to improve employee productivity;
- Foster communication and cooperation amongst various data center functions with the goal of supporting positive customer outcomes;
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a strong business acumen, or;
- 10+ years leadership experience in the areas of business development and product leadership;
- NPI (Hardware) experience considered a strong asset;
- Data center experience considered a strong asset;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, above average communication skills, and a high level of customer service;
- Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition and drives for completion of tasks/projects;
- Motivated, creative, collaborative, and results-oriented;
- Passionate about new technologies and creating great customer experiences;
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent problems of diverse scope with diverse internal and external stakeholders;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.