CoolIT Systems, Inc. is looking for a high performing Controller with ten years in Canadian Finance and Accounting experience to join our Calgary team.
The primary responsibility of the Controller is to oversee and lead the daily accounting and financial planning activities in a multi subsidiary environment. This position will also provide Senior Management and Investors with timely, meaningful and accurate financial reporting.
This position will be key to leading continuous improvement activities in the Finance Department and development of metrics to measure improvements by.
Required education: Bachelor of Commerce with emphasis on accounting. CPA designation is preferred, however not required. MBA is considered a considerable asset particularly with an emphasis on finance.
Required experience: 10 years experience in Canadian Business Finance and Accounting Departments in increasing levels of responsibility. Current or most recent position expected to be at Controller or Assistant Controller level depending on size of the organization.
- PLM / ERP Experience: Experience with cloud-based ERP; preferably NetSuite.
- Reports to: Vice President Finance.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation: Dependent on experience.
- Job Location: Calgary, AB
- Travel Requirements: None.
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
As part of our team at COOLIT, we offer the following benefits:
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Six Flex Days per Year
- Paid time off at Christmas
- Full Medical and Dental Coverage, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Program
- Health or Lifestyle Spending Account
- Company Stock Options
- Daily management of Accounting Department Staff.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls to improve the time to close accounting periods and expedite reporting of monthly and annual financials.
- Supervise asset management; tracking, budget, acquisition, disposition and revaluation.
- Supervision of all accounts payable and accounts receivable processed in multi subsidiary and multi currency environment.
- Preparation of financial statements, external reporting and any related footnotes.
- Preparation and delivery of cash flow statements to Executive Management.
- Assisting in preparation of annual corporate and departmental budgets.
- Preparation of workpapers and coordination of audit materials with outside CPA firm.
- Incorporate compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations into financial systems implemented.
- Assist with financial analysis and metric creation.
- Assist in creation of contracts and agreements that have financial implications and maintain updates as needed.
- At least 3 years of direct people management experience.
- Experience in Multi Subsidiary and Multi Currency environment.
- Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required.
- Preference given to candidates who have demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment with the ability to understand and manage manufacturing cost accounting functions.
- Proven work history that includes credibility, ethical behaviour, and a clean financial history.
Accountable for personal performance.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization.
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks.
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and fast paced corporate setting.
- Able to prioritize and work with multiple positions requesting information including the CEO, VP of Finance and the Executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.