POSITION: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
JOB TYPE: Fulltime, Permanent
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
REPORTS TO: Director, Supply Chain
EDUCATION: Post Secondary in Business or Supply Chain Management, and Engineering, Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or equivalent.
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for material cost savings utilizing total cost of ownership analysis.
It is imperative that the successful applicant for this position has experience working within an Engineering, proto-type build, NPI and Manufacturing environment. Has an aptitude in understanding technical drawings and specifications. Experience working with offshore suppliers is an important element of this role, and experience with offshore contract manufacturing is an asset. Leading supplier negotiations, contract creation, supplier development and qualifications are amongst the key deliverables of this position.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems Inc. is the world leader in liquid cooling technology. Today, CoolIT’s technology is disrupting the inefficient, expensive, and outdated paradigm of using air to keep electronics cool. We work with the biggest names in the technology industry to enable high-performance data centers and desktop computers that are used for everything from solving science’s most complex problems to delivering the latest high-end entertainment experiences.
As the global leader in scalable liquid cooling technology for desktop computers and data centers, CoolIT expects to continue our strong growth trend in 2022. With a record-breaking open order book and an average YoY revenue growth rate of 60% since 2016, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
At CoolIT, our Vivid Vision is perhaps the most important document we possess, and we reference it daily. The Vivid Vision brings us together and aligns our efforts, intentions, and definition of success. As we grow, the need to have a unified cause and direction is more vital than ever, and the Vivid Vision is exactly that. This is where we are going and this is how we will know when we get there. Our Vivid Vision is based on three pillars:
- Dream: An innovation beacon, authority and educator to industry
- People: Bright passionate team members pursuing dreams, thinking different and finding a better way
- Culture: Delivering on what we promise, on-time, every time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic sourcing of material through thorough research, data analysis and working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a clear sourcing strategy that reflects the needs of the business and is aligned to procurement policy objectives and regulatory framework imperatives in all sourcing projects
- Leads supplier negotiations and creates and renews supply agreements, i.e. Master Supply Agreements, Stocking Agreements, that delivers cost savings, sustainable deliveries, and uncompromising quality.
- Apply the process of analyzing the total cost of ownership for selected procured items or parts of the procurement portfolio including identifying internal and external cost drivers.
- Implement initiatives for the reduction of costs.
- Recommend strategic supplier partnerships to reduce the direct and indirect costs for selected procured items or parts of the procurement portfolio.
- Represents Supply Chain in NPI projects by performing sourcing and procurement activities.
- Reviews and assembles Request For Quote (RFQ) Packages including RFQ template, technical drawings, product specifications, scope of work documents.
- Active participant in the Supplier Management Process including:
- Maintain supplier scorecards
- Measure the cost of poor performance
- Develop cost recovery practices
- Integrate operations with those of suppliers to better share risk and data
- Assist Quality Department in the planning of Supplier Audits
- Manage the disposal or recycling process of any intellectual property that is no longer needed once the current contract expires
- Drives continuous improvement and innovation within the supply chain.
- Creates a plan to mitigate risks and ensure uninterrupted flow of material to production.
- Assists the Director of Supply Chain in the creation, revision and maintenance of Supply Chain procedures and work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Able to interpret and understand part drawings and specifications.
- Apply strategies for supplier integration for procurement portfolio
- Implement alternative corrective actions in case of supplier non-performance
- Collaborate across business units and functions. Build positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to remain current with new technology, new business models and implications for their business as well as the selection and sourcing process (category management, contract management, cost reduction)
- Ensure that all pre-procurement engagement has been completed
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP System) and BOM tools (i.e. Arena) would be an asset.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
Applications submitted without requested documents will not be considered. We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.