POSITION: Shipping Coordinator/Logistics Associate
JOB TYPE: Fulltime, Permanent
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
REPORTS TO: Director of Supply Chain
CoolIT Systems, Inc. is looking for a high performing Logistics Coordinator with 5 years experience to join our Calgary team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to work closely with our manufacturing, purchasing and product management teams in Calgary and all other CoolIT subsidiaries as required to ensure that incoming and outgoing shipments are accurately processed and tracked, compliant to transport regulations, delivered on time, properly recorded in the ERP system, shipping documents maintained and communication is provided to the necessary parties.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems Inc. is the world leader in liquid cooling technology. Today, CoolIT’s technology is disrupting the inefficient, expensive, and outdated paradigm of using air to keep electronics cool. We work with the biggest names in the technology industry to enable high-performance data centers and desktop computers that are used for everything from solving science’s most complex problems to delivering the latest high-end entertainment experiences.
As the global leader in scalable liquid cooling technology for desktop computers and data centers, CoolIT expects to continue our strong growth trend in 2022. With a record-breaking open order book and an average YoY revenue growth rate of 60% since 2016, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
At CoolIT, our Vivid Vision is perhaps the most important document we possess, and we reference it daily. The Vivid Vision brings us together and aligns our efforts, intentions, and definition of success. As we grow, the need to have a unified cause and direction is more vital than ever, and the Vivid Vision is exactly that. This is where we are going and this is how we will know when we get there. Our Vivid Vision is based on three pillars:
Dream: An innovation beacon, authority and educator to industry
People: Bright passionate team members pursuing dreams, thinking different and finding a better way
Culture: Delivering on what we promise, on-time, every time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine requirements to import/export product: identify certifying bodies; determine required inspection certificates, e.g. safety, security, labelling, licensing, language, translation, packaging.
- Determine if product needs to comply with non-preferential or preferential rules of origin: determine requirements of verification/proof of origin; review export regulations of target markets, e.g. protection laws, norms and certification; review specific import guidelines; meet requirements for certificate, if required; review requirements for documentary evidence.
- Interact with Customs officials and provide security trade program credentials if available, e.g. Partners in Protection, Free and Secure Trade Program, Authorized Economic Operator
- Provide required shipment documentation (bill of lading, import/export declaration, any required certifications or permits)
- Determine reverse logistics, management of the movement involved in the return of products or empty containers from downstream customers to upstream operations for either re-work or re-use in the production of new products. Planning the collection of such products needs to be synchronized with the distribution and transport processes. This includes disposal of products.
- Determine potential shipping options (loading and sharing container capacity, conventional, containerized):
- Identify documents required for product or services to cross border(s).
- Ensure documents are in compliance and aligned with international standards, including correct measurements in required measurement system.
- Ensure supplier provides inspection and quality certificates; and Certificate of Origin, if required.
- Ensure supplier provides the correct documents to financial institution for trade transaction to take place in accordance with agreed-upon Incoterms.
- Provide appropriate information to licensed custom broker, freight forwarder, if applicable.
- Understand the importance of correct packaging for each mode of transport and the specific commodities being shipped along with the international standards for packaging materials.
- Perform contingency planning required to ensure that cargo is delivered on time.
- Provide visibility to all stakeholders for cargo during delivery for a specific segment of business.
- Implement process of collecting and processing Proof of Delivery documents for a specific segment of business.
- Understand how to apply technology tools (enterprise resource planning systems, Microsoft Excel, etc.) to increase category and business intelligence.
- Take a proactive approach to the identification of potential issues before they arise.
- Driving continuous improvement within your department.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years logistics experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Communication, and interpersonal skills to work in a high performance, team environment.
- Intermediate to Advance Level competency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both written and oral forms.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with passion and commitment.
- Motivated, self-managed and able to operate within a framework of objectives.
- Preferably, experience in the high-tech industry.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP System) would be an asset.
Applications submitted without requested documents will not be considered. We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.