JOB TYPE: Full-time, permanent
JOB LOCATION: Calgary, AB.
REPORTS TO: Quality Control Manager
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems Inc. is the world leader in liquid cooling technology. Today, CoolIT’s technology is disrupting the inefficient, expensive, and outdated paradigm of using air to keep electronics cool. We work with the biggest names in the technology industry to enable high-performance data centers and desktop computers that are used for everything from solving science’s most complex problems to delivering the latest high-end entertainment experiences.
As the global leader in scalable liquid cooling technology for desktop computers and data centers, CoolIT expects to continue our strong growth trend in 2022. With a record-breaking open order book and an average YoY revenue growth rate of 60% since 2016, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
- Inspect components, parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies in accordance with proper procedures, methods, and practices to ensure quality standards are exceeded throughout the manufacturing production process.
- Ensure all material and specification documents conform with Quality Management System (QMS), customer requirements, industry quality, and workmanship standards.
- Verify Manufacturing documentation includes all required critical quality and inspection criteria.
- Develop, revise, and maintain qualitative Standard Inspection Procedures (SIPs), in Process and Outgoing Quality Control checklists.
- Enforce Quality Control Standards through visual, dimensional, measurement, and functional inspection of procured, electronic, electrical, electro-mechanical, fluid circulation, and thermal transfer part and sub-assemblies per purchase order.
- Record inspection data and report inspection, disposition, and corrective actions in the ERP system (NetSuite).
- Identification of non-conformance and follow up for corrective action.
- Work with Manufacturing & Quality to improve inspection techniques and functional testing.
- Strives to attain key performance metrics for Manufacturing & Quality.
- Recommends, evaluates, and implements opportunities for eliminating waste, continuous process and product improvement, and leads “Lean Manufacturing” initiatives to improve production rates and quality output.
- Maintains high accuracy and attention to detail in performing all activities.
- Additional tasks and duties will be assigned as needed.
- Preferred, minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience working in Quality Control Inspection in a technology driven, product hardware based, manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of AQL, IPC-A-610, ISO 9001, Six Sigma standards.
- Experience data entry and transacting in NetSuite ERP system.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work from written English drawing specifications and work instructions required.
- Ability to use measurement tools like calipers, microscopes, multi-meters, pin gauges, and other specialized inspection equipment.
- Experience with General Dimensions and Tolerance (GD&T), mechanical inspection and measurements preferred.
- Requires physical strength to exert up to 20 kg (44 lbs) of lifting force occasionally, up to 10 kg of force lifting frequently, and negligible force to operate material handling equipment.
- Physical demands exceed those of sedentary work with a moderate amount of walking, moving, bending, and climbing stairs daily.
- Legal Canadian resident required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.