POSITION: Project Engineer
JOB TYPE: Fulltime, Permanent
EDUCATION: Technical Degree
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Project Engineer within CoolIT’s Product Department. This position is strategically located in Europe, outside of CoolIT headquarters and regional offices, in order to collaborate effectively with our customers in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. CoolIT is open to candidates located anywhere in Europe.
As a member of the Product team, you will be a key contributor to CoolIT’s continued and aggressive growth, architecting and implementing our industry leading products and services in data center applications.
As a Project Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Architect data center liquid cooling systems that meet client requirements and allow us to profitably bid on and win new business
- Be a go-to expert on solution design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of our products
- Ensure flawless delivery of projects from receipt of PO to delivery of systems in the field
- Develop client confidence and trust in CoolIT through your demonstrated knowledge
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems Inc. is the world leader in liquid cooling technology. Today, CoolIT’s technology is disrupting the inefficient, expensive, and outdated paradigm of using air to keep electronics cool. We work with the biggest names in the technology industry to enable high-performance data centers and desktop computers that are used for everything from solving science’s most complex problems to delivering the latest high-end entertainment experiences.
As the global leader in scalable liquid cooling technology for desktop computers and data centers, CoolIT expects to continue our strong growth trend in 2022. With a record-breaking open order book and an average YoY revenue growth rate of 60% since 2016, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
At CoolIT, our Vivid Vision is perhaps the most important document we possess, and we reference it daily. The Vivid Vision brings us together and aligns our efforts, intentions, and definition of success. As we grow, the need to have a unified cause and direction is more vital than ever, and the Vivid Vision is exactly that. This is where we are going and this is how we will know when we get there. Our Vivid Vision is based on three pillars:
Dream: An innovation beacon, authority and educator to industry
People: Bright passionate team members pursuing dreams, thinking different and finding a better way
Culture: Delivering on what we promise, on-time, every time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for commercial and technical requirements of CoolIT’s liquid cooling technology deployments.
- Collaborate with server OEM sales representatives and solution architects to design and deploy liquid-cooled High Performance Compute systems, often on the Top 500 list of the world’s most powerful supercomputers.
- Introduce CoolIT’s technology on joint sales calls with CoolIT’s server OEM partners and their customers, identifying the products and services required to achieve a successful outcome.
- Engage with Field Specialists on-site at the initial site survey and deployment stages of the project.
- Architect liquid cooling systems worldwide in a variety of data centers, using various thermal and flow engineering software tools.
- Oversee the creation of project schedules, negotiate contracts, engage on product pricing decisions, and create tools which contribute to resource planning, as well as authorized service provider (ASP) engagement & training platforms.
- Manage customers, market risks and issues responding with the appropriate level of planning and action to ensure all commitments are met for each project.
- Measure and report project status using appropriate tools, techniques, and metrics.
- Report and escalate to management potential issues and risks as needed.
- Hold regular meetings to ensure cross-functional team members communicate effectively and ensure that all risks are identified in a timely fashion.
- Establish standardized software, processes, tools, document templates, and contracts to assist in running each project from initial engagement at the opportunity qualification stage to the final deployment stage.
- Confidently get hands-on with our products and train others in their installation, commissioning and maintenance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with strong account management and project management skills.
- 5+ years experience in solution design and deployment.
- 1-year minimum experience in a project management role.
- Field engineering experience seen as an asset.
- Knowledge of data center and IT markets; awareness of data center cooling strategies considered a strong asset;
- Experience in deploying products in partnership with customers, end-users and other stakeholders seen as an asset.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, above average communication skills, and a high level of customer service.
- Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition and drives for completion of tasks/projects.
- Solid organizational skills including time management, attention to detail, and multitasking.
- Motivated, creative, collaborative, and results oriented.
- Overflowing with exuberance, energy, and enthusiasm.
Applications submitted without requested documents will not be considered. We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.