CoolIT Systems, Inc. is looking for a high performing Global Procurement Manager with minimum 7 years experience to join our Calgary team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the CoolIT procurement teams globally, NPI Projects and Sustaining Procurement.
It is imperative that the successful applicant for this position has experience working within an Engineering, proto-type build, NPI and Manufacturing environment. Experience with contract manufactures and suppliers in the Eastern hemisphere is a critical requirement. Electrical Components & wiring, pumps, tubing, HVAC and custom metal work is the bulk of materials that will require sourcing and purchasing in this role, familiarity and prior supply chain exposure to these materials is a requirement.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, permanent
JOB LOCATION: Calgary, AB.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Post-secondary education in Business, Supply Chain Management coupled with Engineering is preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 7 years preferably in a manufacturing environment.
REPORTS TO: Director, Supply Chain.
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems Inc. is the world leader in liquid cooling technology. Today, CoolIT’s technology is disrupting the inefficient, expensive, and outdated paradigm of using air to keep electronics cool. We work with the biggest names in the technology industry to enable high-performance data centers and desktop computers that are used for everything from solving science’s most complex problems to delivering the latest high-end entertainment experiences.
As the global leader in scalable liquid cooling technology for desktop computers and data centers, CoolIT expects to continue our strong growth trend in 2022. With a record-breaking open order book and an average YoY revenue growth rate of 60% since 2016, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
- Management of Sustaining Procurement teams.
- Develops and maintains KPI and tools to measure team’s performance.
- Creates and maintains Supply Chain QMS processes, work instructions and forms.
- Trains staff and other departments members on collaborative processes.
- Consistently review material readiness and that supply is aligned with demand requirements.
- Sources materials to help support sustaining products, projects, NPI and day to day operations.
- Ensure a smooth transition of procurement process from prototype to full production.
- Establish specifications in terms of optimal quantity to purchase, quality required and the cost impact on budget.
- Select suppliers according to the type of product, quality provided by the supplier and the possibility of partnership.
- Negotiate contracts that include costs, warranties, delivery, handling, and penalties for late delivering or cost overruns.
- Monitor supplier performance with a system that monitors, measures, and provides feedback on supplier performance.
- Monitors the procurement team adherence to processes including the RFQ cycle, generating requisitions, PO creation, PO follow-up, goods reception, and final payment.
- Provide an uninterrupted flow of materials and services.
- Responsible to perform inventory analysis and management to avoid low stock, over stock and obsolete inventory through data analysis.
- Identify, develop, and implement contingency plan for critical suppliers and vendors.
- Help drive the use of Lean methodologies throughout the procurement process. Apply Lean tools to improve process capability, eliminate defects, improve on-time delivery and achieve cost saving targets.
- Applies and uses technology tools (enterprise resource planning systems, Microsoft Excel, etc.) to increase category and business intelligence
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management work instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Effectively calculate and sets a Plan For Every Part (safety stock, min/max, EOQ etc)
- Use the master production schedule, product structure file, inventory record file and item master file for the MRP process and purchasing controls.
- Understand product tree bill of material when given parents and components.
- Calculate the requirements, receipts, orders, and projected availability for a basic MRP record.
- Driving continuous improvement and supplier development.
- Cross Train in Planning for holiday coverage and assistance as needed.
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP System) and BOM tools (i.e. Arena) would be an asset.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks.
- Intermediate to Advance Level competency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.