POSITION: Field Specialist
JOB TYPE: Fulltime, Permanent
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
REPORTS TO: Manager, Professional Services
EDUCATION: Preference given to Red Seal/Journeyman with pipe trades experience (plumbing, HVAC, and pipe/steam fitting) and/or expertise in hydronics, heating and cooling.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 40% depending on travel restriction and global economy
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems Inc. is the world leader in liquid cooling technology. Today, CoolIT’s technology is disrupting the inefficient, expensive, and outdated paradigm of using air to keep electronics cool. We work with the biggest names in the technology industry to enable high-performance data centers and desktop computers that are used for everything from solving science’s most complex problems to delivering the latest high-end entertainment experiences.
As the global leader in scalable liquid cooling technology for desktop computers and data centers, CoolIT expects to continue our strong growth trend in 2022. With a record-breaking open order book and an average YoY revenue growth rate of 60% since 2016, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
At CoolIT, our Vivid Vision is perhaps the most important document we possess, and we reference it daily. The Vivid Vision brings us together and aligns our efforts, intentions, and definition of success. As we grow, the need to have a unified cause and direction is more vital than ever, and the Vivid Vision is exactly that. This is where we are going and this is how we will know when we get there. Our Vivid Vision is based on three pillars:
Dream: An innovation beacon, authority and educator to industry
People: Bright passionate team members pursuing dreams, thinking different and finding a better way
Culture: Delivering on what we promise, on-time, every time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform on-site or remote installations utilizing CoolIT products,
- Complete preventative and corrective maintenance work on DLC Solutions.
- Skilled at building off-site spools and piping equipment pre-fabrication
- Able to read and interpret blueprint drawings
- Complete 3D isometric detailed pipe drawings to help support on-site Authorized Service Providers
- Provide technical remote support to on site-service specialists and End-Users who are often managing Tier 4 or 5 data centers.
- Provide plumbing & HVAC consultation to other team members internally in the company to help support CoolIT’s needs (Lab techs, Engineers, Product Mgr, Field Sales Reps, Production). Become a knowledge expert for any field related questions.
- Become fluent with CoolIT’s unique product line
- Provide in-person/remote training to customers, techs, and colleagues
- Adhere to Professional Services processes to respond, mitigate, and resolve any troubleshooting and repairs on-site while leveraging CoolIT’s Authorized Service Providers.
- Comply with all internal and external requirements including, but not limited to, environmental, health and safety.
- Complete detailed service reports.
- Dispatch and coordinate on-site service visits, with End-Users and Authorized Service Providers
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a refined balance of office professionalism and hands-on technical abilities
- Mission critical experience is preferred
- Should specialize in hydronic heating and cooling loops and equipment (radiant tube/fin, one pipe, two pipe direct return, reverse return, conduction….ect)
- Creativity is key!
- Taking pride and ownership of your work is considered a fundamental requirement for this position
- Must be agile in the workplace and be open to changing or adding responsibility to the current role as the company grows.
- Adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment which involves priority shifts throughout the day/week
- Must be confident and skilled with different types of pipe material and joining methods, which are often dependent on local regulations in the area of deployment. (Plastic fusion, steel welding, soldering, brazing, NPT, BSPT, BSPP)
- Required to have a good understanding of Plumbing and Hydronic Installation Code, specifically CSA B214-12, to maintain professional practices
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective written and verbal English skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) to ensure proper documentation of daily work in alignment with Professional Services processes and procedures.
- Able to travel internationally and holds a valid Passport; able to pass police background checks, in addition to any other government security checks that may be required.
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities will be a preferred qualification for this position to provide clear and concise training sessions, and reporting to customers
- Have a valid drivers licence with clear driver’s abstract.
- Should have a strong electrical background and the ability to understand controls systems with a desire to learn programming logic at a high level
- Must be in good physical health, and able to frequently perform heavy lifting (150 lb. lift between 2 people).
- Must have a sufficient place to work remotely
- Able to work unsupervised, can handle critical online and/or telephone calls with ease
- Determined to quickly adapt to new technical environment and become familiar with CoolIT’s products and services
- Must excel at remote support and virtual troubleshooting exercises to assist on-site technicians
- Agile in environments with continuous priority shifts, adapting strategies, and urgent requests
Applications submitted without requested documents will not be considered. We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.