POSITION: Application Team Lead
JOB TYPE: Fulltime, Permanent
LOCATION: Calgary, AB (Remote locations will be considered)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Professional Services
EDUCATION: Business or technical degree required
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 20%
An exciting and challenging position exists as the Application Team Lead within CoolIT’s Product Department. As a leader on the team, you will be a key contributor to CoolIT’s continued and aggressive growth, architecting and implementing our industry leading products and services in data center applications.
As the Application Team Lead, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team who establish sales and architect data center liquid cooling systems that meet client requirements which allow us to profitably bid on and win new business
- Be a go-to expert on solution design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of our products
- Ensure flawless client communication from initial sale discussions through receipt of PO to delivery of systems in the field
- Develop client confidence and trust in CoolIT through your demonstrated knowledge
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems Inc. is the world leader in liquid cooling technology. Today, CoolIT’s technology is disrupting the inefficient, expensive, and outdated paradigm of using air to keep electronics cool. We work with the biggest names in the technology industry to enable high-performance data centers and desktop computers that are used for everything from solving science’s most complex problems to delivering the latest high-end entertainment experiences.
As the global leader in scalable liquid cooling technology for desktop computers and data centers, CoolIT expects to continue our strong growth trend in 2022. With a record-breaking open order book and an average YoY revenue growth rate of 60% since 2016, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
At CoolIT, our Vivid Vision is perhaps the most important document we possess, and we reference it daily. The Vivid Vision brings us together and aligns our efforts, intentions, and definition of success. As we grow, the need to have a unified cause and direction is more vital than ever, and the Vivid Vision is exactly that. This is where we are going and this is how we will know when we get there. Our Vivid Vision is based on three pillars:
Dream: An innovation beacon, authority and educator to industry
People: Bright passionate team members pursuing dreams, thinking different and finding a better way
Culture: Delivering on what we promise, on-time, every time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for all aspects of commercial and technical requirements for CoolIT’s liquid cooling technology deployments
- Manage a team that knows our clients’ channel opportunities inside and out;
- Be the voice and a strong advocate for our clients within the company; continuously strive for and maintain high levels of client satisfaction;
- Manages a team that is comprised of:
- A Channel Manager who is responsible for selling CoolIT product through System Integrators and global IT partners into data centers by RFQ and RFP;
- A Project Engineer who is responsible for designing, solutioning, and managing CoolIT’s liquid cooling deployments;
- Field Specialist who is responsible for all aspects of installation and maintenance of each CoolIT system deployed, by utilizing our network of Authorized Service Providers/
- Partner with peers in the company to cross-functionally ensure execution on projects;
- Ensure your team adheres to the selling process across multiple regional markets;
- Engage regularly in the review and negotiation of various client-related contracts;
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures; and
- Establish standardization of software, processes, tools, document templates, and contracts to assist in running each project from initial engagement at the opportunity qualification stage to the final deployment stage.
- Collaborate with server OEM sales representatives and solution architects to design and deploy industry leading liquid-cooled High-Performance Compute systems, often listed on the Top 500 list of world’s most powerful supercomputers.
- Introduce CoolIT’s technology on joint sales calls with CoolIT’s server OEM partners and their High-Performance Compute customers, identifying the products and services required to achieve a successful outcome.
- Architect liquid cooling systems worldwide in a variety of data centers, using various thermal and flow engineering software tools.
- Oversee the creation of detailed project schedules, negotiate contracts, engage on product pricing decisions, and create tools which contribute to resource planning, as well as authorized service provider (ASP) engagement & training platforms.
- Manage customers, market risks and issues responding with the appropriate level of planning and action to ensure all product commitments are met for each project.
- Ensure project status is reported using appropriate tools, techniques, and metrics.
- Report and escalate to management potential issues and risks as needed.
- Hold regular meetings to ensure cross-functional team members communicate effectively and ensure that all Product risks are identified in a timely fashion.
- Establish standardized software, processes, tools, document templates, and contracts to assist in running each project from initial engagement at the opportunity qualification stage to the final deployment stage.
- Confidently get hands-on with our products and train others in their installation, commissioning and maintenance
- Continuously engage with and learn from the Product and Engineering teams to develop a deep understanding of our hardware and services;
Applications submitted without requested documents will not be considered. We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.